Sunday, November 15, 2009

Owl City - Fireflies (single.)

"Fireflies" is a single by the electropop/alternative band of Owl City, a musical band consisting of synthpop artist Adam Young and his backing bad. This song is taken from Owl City's first album titled Ocean Eyes. This particular song debuted at number 97 in Billboard Hot 100, but it soon became a massive hit, reaching number 1. This song has also went to number 1 on iTunes chart.First of all, it is true, that I went to check this song because the song has landed number 1 on a lot of music charts, and it has garnered a lot of attentions. To be honest, I did not like it the first time I listened to it, I had a thought in the back of my mind, this song is so retro, reminded me of some bands back in the 90s decade, besides, the vocals came off as whiny.But then, the song always accidently played due to the 'shuffle' mode in my iPod, and after listening to the song a couple of times, I totally got it, that there's something different and engaging about this song, the melodies, the chorus is so amazing, and I went to search for the lyrics to this song, and the song turns out to be a song about insomnia and trouble sleeping. That is so me, you know, have been staying up late lately and I need a song to cheer me up. Since then, the song has been on my repeat mode of my iPod, there's nothing to describe other than the fact that, this song is a fantastic song.You can download this song here. and the link to the lyric page is here.

0 comments: